With a career in Accounting, Audit and Finance spanning a period of over 16 years, I now manage my own audit firm and consulting company which offers me the opportunity to utilize my professional financial expertise, extensive business experience, and ability to interact with clients and the business community (in general) on a worldwide basis. . I also aspire to build a successful and challenging career in a competitive atmosphere.My working attitude can best be described with the following keywords: a direct approach, a lot of attention towards people, a strong vision, strong analytical insight, clear communication, a lot of knowledge and working experience (with a desire to share these), creativity, focus on result and above all a lot of enthusiasm. In the many years I have been acting in this line of work I have proved to be able to handle rapidly changing environments.
Continuing Professional Development
- Our firm closely works with the Directorate of Taxpayer Services and Education, Tanzania Revenue Authority in strengthening the departments current capacity, and improving taxpayer knowledge and compliance.
- We are the fore front of technical updates and know how with the National Board of Accountants and Auditors to ensure that our services reflect current developments in the fields of international financial reporting and auditing standards.
- We hold regular in-house training sessions to ensure that our skills and technical expertise remain sharp and to the mark.
- Our firm has recently implemented use of Private Company Auditing Software (PCAS) procured from CCH (A Wolter Kluwer Business) (www.cch.co.uk). This ensures that our audit team effectively deploys computer aided auditing techniques (CAATs) in the course of offering audit and assurance services to our clients.
- We work closely with the University of Dar es Salaam Business School (UDSM BS) in providing career counselling services and support to students. These include: Practical training, graduate internship programs and motivational talks and training.
- Masters of Science Degree in Professional Accountancy from University of London, UK.
- Chartered Professional Accountant and Certified General Accountant from CPA Canada, British Columbia.
- Certified Forensic Investigation Professional (CFIP) – registered with the International Institute of Certified Forensic Investigation Professionals Inc. (United States of America).
- Fellow member and Chartered Certified Accountant from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, United Kingdom (FCCA, UK) (Registration Number 1116807).
- Certified Public Accountant from the National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA) (Registration Number ACPA 2038). I am a holder of certificate of practice from NBAA.
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) degree from the Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting. Class of Degree: FIRST CLASS HONOURS WITH DISTINCTION.
- Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA) registered tax consultant.
- Active member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA Global), USA (Registration Number 1496358).
- Active member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), USA (Registration Number 582206).
- General Tax Practitioner (GTP (SA) TM) – Registered as a member of the South African Institute of Tax Practitioners.
- Certified Internal Auditor from the Institute of Internal Auditors.
Habib has more than 16 years of audit, consultancy and accounting experience. He specializes in the delivery of assurance services to the private sector, public sector, civil society and not-for-proﬁt organizations in areas such as internal audits, ﬁnancial audits, performance audits, investigative audits, pre-disbursement assessments/capacity building, project ﬁnancial monitoring, internal control reviews, value-for-money reviews, compliance reviews and ﬁnancial management assistance to projects funded by international donors.
Habib’s role has spanned across a number of fields including fraud investigations, procurement audits, performance audits, project financial monitoring, internal audits, financial audits, investigative audits (special review assignments), reviews of systems of control, value-for-money reviews, pre-award surveys, compliance reviews and financial management assistance to projects funded by international donors.
Honesty, Integrity and Accountability.
Inspire and Empower Others
Delegation and Decision Making Capabilities
Empathy and Confidence